Sunday, April 12, 2009

Four Dresses, Two Girls


I'm a sucker. And it all started the day my first little girl was born. "They" said, "Let her cry it out". I tried, but she kept smiling at me when I came back in the room to put her paci back in her drool and tear covered, red-blotchy face. Her 3 month old facial expression said this: "Oh! There you are!!! For some crazy reason, I was left here in this cage for ever-increasing increments of time, without your warm, soft arms to comfort me as I drift off to sleep (as we have done since I was born)!! But, you're back, and I missed you, and I'm so glad we're together again!!" Then I'd leave, close the door, and the wails from my usually-peaceful baby filled the house again.

I couldn't continue, so she spent the rest of her babyhood falling asleep right next to me. I didn't even try the crying thing with her little sister.

This all leads to my point that I'm a sucker; a responsible, disciplinarian-sucker (I choose to believe), but nevertheless, a sucker for my girls.

So when I began my very first sewing project, the dresses for them morphed into dresses for them AND matching dresses for their dolls. I have procrastinated, and am left with a very short window of time in which to finish the last doll dress before the sun goes down on Easter, and one of my darlings goes doll-dressless. One might wonder why I'm here writing about this instead of sewing...
(The two pictures here prove I can meet a deadline! These shots were taken Easter afternoon.)

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I must say that I can't believe how much E's doll looks JUST like her. The dresses are adorable and I hope I have a need to borrow one one day. ;)

    ReplyDelete